the next time your dog curls up to count sheep, give them the comfort of a wool-filled bed or crate pad.
unlike many dog bed fillers on the market, our wool inserts are nontoxic, 100% all-natural, and chemical-free. wool is naturally thermoregulating, so pets stay cool in summer and warm in winter.
what's so great about a wool-filled dog bed?
biodegradable & Earth friendly
sustainably & humanely sourced
regulates the bed's temperature
all natural, no harsh chemicals
see what we mean
we use only farms with strict growing standards
- sheep are rotated amongst a number of pastures to allow vegetation to recover from grazing
- we encourage alternative medical care to keep the sheep healthy with the fewest chemicals possible
- no herbicides or pesticides are used in the fields where sheep will be grazing
- to go even further, our wool is randomly spot-tested for harmful chemicals
- wool from the sheep's bottom & belly are separated and sold to other customers
practices that are never used with our wool
- carbonizing - a process where fibers are dipped in acids to dissolve vegetable matter
- chemical crimping - after carbonizing, wool fibers are unnaturally straightened and need chemicals to regain their coiled, crimped structure
- dipping - many farms subject sheep to a bath in a pesticide solution
- bleaching - most wool fibers are bleached & dyed to make them appear whiter — our wool has its natural color
- harmful shearing - the shearing process should be quick & harmless and performed by only highly skilled shearing professionals
- mulesing - removing patches of skin from sheep to discourage infection and flies — none of our farms practice this method
- overgrazing - it harms the land and lowers overall wool quality